Key resources and guidance
- The HRA and the UK Health Department's UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research. This is a key document that sets out principles of good practice in the management and conduct of all health and social care research across UK and the responsibilities of the parties involved. These principles are to protect the interest of patients, service users and the public.
- HRA Approval in Primary Care Settings: Principles of Study Set-Up. This HRA document outlines key principles to follow when setting up and delivering a study in primary care.
- The HRA guidance on use of Patient information and health and care research.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidance see: the Medical Research Council (MRC) GDPR resources, the HRA GDPR guidance for researchers and study coordinators and MRC/HRA GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018:Key facts for research.
- The HRA and MHRA Joint statement on seeking consent by electronic methods supported and endorsed by the Devolved Administrations, sets out the legal and ethical requirements for seeking and documenting consent using electronic methods. The primary focus is clinical trials of investigational medical products (CTIMPs) but the basic principles can be applied to all research conducted within the United Kingdom.